For Small Engine Tanks, Portable Gas Cans, and High Performance Packaging
“Co-Extrusion is the proven answer that can grow and adapt as permeation regulations tighten and flexible fuels evolve.”
- 82% of the world's automative fuel tanks are presently in Co-Extruded plastic.
- Manufacturing economics are favorable with Co-Extrusion as the barrier layer typically only represents 3% of the total wall structure.
- Co-Extusion meets the current fuel emission regulations as established by CARB and pending with the EPA.
- Co-Extrusion structures and materials can be tailored to address the current interest in flexible fuels such as E85.
- 2-7 Layer Systems
- Up to 6-parison Co-Ex heads, 6-layer
- Up to 12-parison Tri-Ex heads, 3-layer
- Barrier layer thickness accuracy of +/- microns
- A Full range of Co-Extrusion heads with die sizes from 30-600 mm.
- Single and double station machines with clamp sizes for 1 to 220 liter articles.
- Package enhancements include:
- Extended Shelf Life
- Oxygen Barrier
- UV and Light Protection
- Chemical Barrier
- Flavor & Odor Barriers
- 30+ Years of Co-Extrusion experience.
- Bekum Worldwide Service and Support